Mini Annapurna Circuit Trek
Mini Annapurna Circuit Trek lets you get a complete advantage of the region as it covers almost the entire Annapurna Circuit Trek, only the dirt road through the Kali Gandaki Valley is avoided.
- Drive from Kathmandu to Bhulbhule
- Visit ancient Manang Village and Gangapurna Glacier
- Thorong La Pass 5416 meter
- Visiting Hindu’s holy place; Muktinath Temple
The 18 days Mini Annapurna Circuit Trek is one of the many adventures that are provided in the Annapurna region. The trail which started since 1997 is famous for its beautiful scenery which ranges from Snow-covered peaks to barren treeless terrain.
As we move up in the counter-clockwise direction starting from Besishahar to Marshyangdi River, charismatic Himal Chuli and Manaslu attract your attention immediately. Places like Bagarshap (2160m), Chame, Pisang, Yak Kharka, Marpha, Larjung, etc are a blessing while hiking the long circuit. As you reach the highest point of the Trek, the Thorong La Pass (5416 m high), the spectacular view of the Himalayas entices you completely. You will visit Muktinath Temple, the holy place of Hindu and take a flight back to Kathmandu via Pokhara.
The Mini Annapurna Circuit Trek, therefore, provides all the advantages that a complete circuit trek does but in much fewer days and easy trek. This plan is suitable for those adventure travelers who have less time and wants to complete the world’s popular Annapurna Circuit Trek.
Brief Itinerary of Mini Annapurna Circuit Trek
Day 1 Arrive Kathmandu.
Day 2 Scenic drive to Besisahar; trek to Bhulebule.
Day 3 Start the slow ascent of the Marsyangdi Valley; overnight in Jagat.
Day 4 Reach the village of Dharapani.
Day 5 Steady climb through the forest to Tamang, then descend to Chame.
Day 6 Continue ascending through forested hillsides past the rock face of Paungdi Danda to Upper Pisang.
Day 7 Trek on to Braga and visit the 500-year-old gompa and small tree nursery that Exodus supports.
Day 8 Short walk to Manang; rest of day free for acclimatization.
Day 9 Start heading towards the Thorong La. Half day trek to reach the lodge in Yak Kharka; afternoon
Day 10 Short half-day walk to Phedi, at the foot of the Thorong La.
Day 11 Cross the mighty Thorong La (5416m) to Muktinath, a place of pilgrimage.
Day 12 Trek via Lupra to Jomsom.
Day 13 Fly to Pokhara; afternoon free to explore the lakeside.
Day 14 Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 15 Departure
We will be accommodated in 3-star hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara; and teahouses during the trek. We will stay at Samsara Resort or similar hotel in Kathmandu and Kuti Resort or similar hotel in Pokhara. All accommodations are on a twin-shared basis. Single supplement will be served on request and will cost an additional USD 260. Peregrine Treks will arrange rooms with attached washrooms; however, teahouses in some places only have shared washing and toilet facilities. Also note that single rooms are readily available in Kathmandu, Pokhara and the trekking regions at lower elevation but it might be difficult to find them at higher elevations.
During our trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese food as well as the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be provided from the teahouse or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be provided on the way to the next destination. All meals including breakfast, lunch, and dinner, will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu and Pokhara. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners.
Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
This is a moderate trek suitable for passionate walkers who have the ability to walk at least 5-7 hours a day with a light day pack. Walking in higher altitudes is more physically demanding than walking in lower altitudes; however, if we are in excellent health with average physical fitness and have a positive attitude, self-confidence, and strong determination, we can accomplish this trek successfully. Exercising and jogging regularly for some weeks prior to the trip is a good idea to enhance our strength and stability. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. It is vital for participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases to consult their doctor before taking the trip. It is also advised that you inform Peregrine Treks of any conditions before booking the trek.
Best Time to Travel
Autumn (Sept. to Nov.) and Spring (March to May) are the best seasons for trekking in the Annapurna region. The weather is sunny and warm with outstanding views. If you wish to avoid crowds and enjoy some alone time with nature, then taking this trip during winter (Dec., Jan., Feb.) could also be an option. However, the temperature during winter could be harsh for most guests. Trekking in the summer or monsoon season (June to Aug.) will be affected by rain but the Summer trek could be a boon for a keen botanist.
What to BringWarm Jacket, Trouser, Big neck water bottle, trekking shoes and shocks, warm cap, Sun glasses, normal medicine, head lightr, light shoes,globes etc
Scenic drive to Besisahar; trek to Bhulebule
Start the slow ascent of the Marsyangdi Valley; overnight in Jagat
Reach the village of Dharapani.
Steady climb through forest to Temang, then descend to Chame.
Continue ascending through forested hillsides past the rock face of Paungdi Danda to Upper Pisang
Trek on to Braga and visit the 500 year old gompa and small tree nursery that Exodus supports.
Short walk to Manang; rest of day free for acclimatisation.
Start heading towards the Thorong La. Half day trek to reach the lodge in Yak Kharka; afternoon acclimatisation walk.
Short half day walk to Phedi, at the foot of the Thorong La.
Cross the mighty Thorong La (5416m) to Muktinath, a place of pilgrimage.
Trek via Lupra to Jomsom.
Fly to Pokhara; afternoon free to explore the lakeside.
Fly to Kathmandu.
Fly Back to your destintion
- Pick up and drop from International and Domestic Airport during this package with one official representative
- Private tourist vehicles will be available as per itinerary
- 3 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu at three-star hotel on twin sharing basis
- Jomsom - Pokhara - Kathmandu Flight ticket
- All accommodation in best available lodges/tea houses/tent during trekking
- Three times meal (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner with tea/hot water/coffee) during trekking
- Welcome or Farewell dinner (one time during Nepal trip)
- An experienced and well trained English Speaking Guide and Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers)
- Salary, Insurance, whole accommodation of trekking crew member
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley in private tourist vehicle
- All entrance fees during trekking and sightseeing
- Achievement Certificate, T-shirt, First Aid Kit, Trekking Map and seasonal fruits
- All necessary paperwork, TIMS, Entrance fees, and applicable all permits
- Departure information, visa extension procedure and international flight reconfirmation
- Company service charge and all applicable government tax
Cost doesn’t include:
- Visa Fee, International Air Fare and all other cost incurred before arrival in Nepal
- Traveller’s Travel Insurance (Must cover Accidental, Medical and Search and Rescue)
- Hotel accommodation, Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu because of an early arrival in Nepal or late departure from Nepal, early return from the mountain because of any reason than the scheduled itinerary.
- Lunch and Dinner except Welcome or Farewell dinner provided by company in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic and soft drinks with all personal expenses
- Tipping for guides, porters, and drivers (tipping is not mandatory but highly expected)
- Any other unseen expenses which are not mentioned in cost includes part