Manaslu is the restricted trekking trail in Nepal. This trekking starts from Arughat and ends at Beshisahar. Larke La Pass is the highest pass of this trekking whose elevation is 5100 meters. Culturally and geographically this trekking is diverse. In comparison with classic trekking routes, this trekking is quite and pretty good for trekking. Peregrine Treks offers you to do camping as well as tea house trek for the trekkers.
Manaslu Trek is less travelled trekking area in Nepal in comparisons to Annapurna and Everest area trekking. Culturally and naturally rich Manaslu Trekking is quite and calm. Most of the parts of Manaslu circuit trek trail lies at the bank of Budhi Gandaki River. This Manaslu Trekking starts from Arughat, which is just 500 meters high from sea level and it gradually ascends up to 5100 meter, which is Larke La Pass. Then the Manaslu trekking trails start to descend and end at Beshisahar so, this trekking is a geographically diverse trekking area.
Gurung, Magar and other ingenious people live in the lower parts of this Manaslu Trek area and the upper parts are the home to the Sherpa and is influenced by Tibetan culture. It is believed that Tibetan immigrants started to migrate since 1600 AD. Still, now the people from the upper part aree doing their trade with Tibetan people.
Furthermore, You can see the greenery, small rivers, and waterfalls in the lower parts of the Manaslu Trekking. Moreover, in the upper parts you can see the amazing view of Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Himal Chuli, Mt. Nadi Chuli and Mt. Ganesh Himal and many other small mountains. So, this Manaslu circuit trekking area is pristine and awesome.
Accommodation in Manaslu Trek
You have two accommodation options for this Manaslu Trek. The first one is tea house trekking. Now a day’s local tea houses are available in this trekking area. This makes your trekking trip easy and affordable. This is the best options of the Round Annapurna Trekking because of the motorway. Annapurna Round Trekking is crowded because of the roads and high volume of trekkers. And, the second option is the camping trekking. Tented camping trekking is mostly popular before 2014 because of insufficient tea houses. Still, now trekkers want to do camping trekking because they want to customize trekking as per their own itinerary. Peregrine Treks organizes both types of trekking for Manaslu Trekking. Camping trekking is slightly expensive than tea house trekking. You have another choice to extend your Manaslu trekking with Tsum Valley Trek as well.
Manaslu Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival [1,300m]
Day 02: Half Day Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 03: After breakfast, Drive to Sotikhola [710m] Approx. 9 hours
Day 04: Trek to Maccha Khola [900m]: Approx. 7 hours
Day 05: Trek to Jagat [1410m]: Approx. 7 hrs
Day 06: Trek to Deng [1,804m]: Approx. 7 hrs
Day 07: Trek to Namrung [2630m]: Approx. 7 hrs
Day 08: Trek to Samagaon [3530m]: Approx. 7 hours
Day 09: Samagaon – Pungyen gompa – Samagaon: Approx. 7 hours exploration
Day 10: Trek to Samdo [3860m]: Approx. 5 hours
Day 11: Rest Day in Samdo
Day 12: Trek to Dharamsala/Larkya Base Camp [4460m]: Approx. 5 hours
Day 13: Climb Larkya la [5160m] Pass and trek Bimthang [3720m]: Approx. 10 hours
Day 14: Trek to Tilije [2300m]: Approx. 6 hours
Day 15: Trek Tal [1700m]: Approx. 6 hours
Day 16: Trek to Syange [1080m]: Approx. 7 hours
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu: Approx. 9 hours
Day 18: Final departure
What to BringWarm Jacket, Trouser, Big neck water bottle, trekking shoes and shocks, warm cap, Sun glasses, normal medicine, head lightr, light shoes,globes etc
- Pick up and drop from International and Domestic Airport during this package with one official representative
- Private tourist vehicles will be available as per itinerary
- 3 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu at three-star hotel on twin sharing basis
- All accommodation in best available lodges/tea houses/tent during trekking
- Three times meal (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner with tea/hot water/coffee) during trekking
- Welcome or Farewell dinner (one time during Nepal trip)
- An experienced and well trained English Speaking Guide and Porter (1 porter for 2 trekkers)
- Salary, Insurance, whole accommodation of trekking crew member
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu
- All entrance fees during trekking and sightseeing
- Achievement Certificate, T-shirt, First Aid Kit, Trekking Map and seasonal fruits
- All necessary paperwork, TIMS, Entrance fees, and applicable all permits
- Departure information, visa extension procedure and international flight reconfirmation
- Company service charge and all applicable government tax
Cost doesn’t include:
- Visa Fee, International Air Fare and all other cost incurred before arrival in Nepal
- Traveller’s Travel Insurance (Must cover Accidental, Medical and Search and Rescue)
- Hotel accommodation, Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu because of an early arrival in Nepal or late departure from Nepal, early return from the mountain because of any reason than the scheduled itinerary.
- Lunch and Dinner except Welcome or Farewell dinner provided by company in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic and soft drinks with all personal expenses
- Tipping for guides, porters, and drivers (tipping is not mandatory but highly expected)
- Any other unseen expenses which are not mentioned in cost includes part